Tuesday 26 June 2012

About HMS Voyager


I finally found the time to write my 'About Me' page on my blog, something I have had on my to-do list for some time. Creating the page was a great way to put into words what I wanted to achieve from my blog, and why I created it. I had found it rather hard to dream up my blog's subject matter when I was uncertain what direction I wanted to take. When I started to draft my 'about me' page it was apparent that my travel experiences were to fuel the content and direction I desired for my blog. 
     I am extremely fortunate that I have had the opportunity to travel since I was a child. I owe my adventurous nature to my Grand parents, who took me on many trips throughout my cherished childhood and opened my eyes to the world.
      When I left University, my longing to explore the world was fufilled when I became head buyer for Beyond Retro. As head buyer, my duty was to travel the world sourcing vintage clothing for the renowned company. For six years this career satisfied my needs because I was able to travel, as well as enjoy East London's thriving nightlife. But something inside of me changed. I no longer enjoyed the scene that I had so heavily immersed myself into. I craved something new. I wanted to see the world.
     So, I did just that, and embarked on a five-month trip across India and South East Asia. The trip made me feel more alive than I ever had, giving me the ultimate travel bug.
      At present I am in New York planning my next trip, and  I will use this time to work on my new travel blog. Over the next few weeks I am going to compile information and tips on travelling, which I am certain will get readers inspired to travel. And when I finally hit the road again come August I will document my journey.
     Thus, H.M.S. Voyager will take the form as an inspirational travel blog, which will get people longing to save their pennies and venture to lands that they daydream about while sitting at their office desks, or walking under a rainy English sky. 


Hampi, India 2011


“Make voyages! Attempt them… there’s nothing else.” – Tennessee Williams

Check out ' About me'

X HMS X

     







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautifully put! I can't wait to virtually go on the adventures with you, wish I was doing it for real. xxxx